For those who don’t know, one of the best natural resources on our planet is trees. You have probably learned about this when you were still in elementary. However, there are still a couple of amazing facts about trees that will provide you more insight on how capable and amazing they can be.
Before you hire a professional tree care company for Perth tree lopping services, here are a couple of tree facts you should know:
- People will experience lowered anxiety, improved pain threshold, and lowered blood pressure whenever they are exposed to phytoncides. For those who don’t know, this is a chemical released by trees.
- The root system of one mature oak tree can cross a lot of miles in length. It can even reach a hundred miles!
- Trees have interdependent relationships with fungi. Typically, they are found in the roots of the tree. They facilitate resource sharing and communication between trees that surround them.
- A couple of species of trees can send airborne chemical signals that notify close trees of insect infestation, as well as attract predators to get rid of the insects that are infesting the tree.
- Have you ever heard of the phrase “knock on wood”? Do you know where it came from? Well, for those who don’t know, this phrase originated from the old pagan cultures believing that spirits and gods lived within trees. They believe that knocking on their trunks will awaken these gods and ask for their protection.
- A cottonwood tree can release its seeds into the air and can stay airborne for a couple of days before it lands. It can stay airborne even with the slightest of breezes.
- A huge Sequoia tree is able to drink around 500 gallons of water each day.
- You will know the age of the tree by looking at its rings. In addition to that, the rings of a tree can also signify environmental changes that happened throughout the lifetime of a tree. This includes volcanic activity and severe drought.
Preserving this Significant Resource
The biggest plants on Earth are trees. They are extremely crucial to the survival of humans. Because of this, it is extremely vital to maintain the trees on your own property. If you’ve got one or a couple of trees in your property, a professional tree care company is committed to keeping your trees in excellent health so that they might keep on offering natural beauty and vital resources to our planet.
Leaning, diseased, or weak trees can present a danger to your house, property, and any person who spends time on your lawn. To guarantee both the beauty and safety of your property, removing a dead tree is vital. If you don’t want this to happen, you should always maintain your tree. There are a lot of things you can do to prevent your tree from dying or declining. However, if you don’t have time to do such things, you can always rely on a professional tree care company to take care of your tree for you.